Wednesday 30 July 2014

Moving Day?

I've been thinking a lot lately about my horses training. I only get to see him one (twice at the most) a week because of where I have him boarded.
Gosh, I love Glenworth and honestly couldn't see myself staying away forever, but I'm really liking the idea of seeing my horse more often and getting some proper training into him.




What prompted me to think like this?
A friend's horse is about to be PTS and, for some reason, this news has really affected me (god knows how SHE'S feeling!?!)
I honestly can't imagine life without Mate. He's my absolute everything!
He's not 'just a horse', he's my best friend and means the world to me -  so I'd love to have Mate closer to home so we can both improve more!

I would plan to see him everyday - after school and on weekends - to at least lunge him (but riding for only twenty minutes at the most per day). I would be keen to get some quality schooling into him so he can stop looking like a mule 100% of the time...
It'd only be for about two months tops. Enough time for him to improve heaps but not long enough for our presence to really be missed (and vice versa).
My focus will be flat-work! No jumping. No 'play' rides, just schooling.
Sounds boring, I know, but I do really enjoy flat-work and am keen to really get into the dressage scene.




The fact that I won't have my instructor handy, will probably be the hardest thing to leave behind.
My instructor has the biggest influence on my riding. I think she's just the greatest!
She's so knowledgeable and has an answer/solution to all of my stupid questions.
It's scary to think that if a problem arises I would be on my own. 

Am I biting off more than I can chew?

But I do really think Mate and I would both benefit from having some time away and concentrating on the important things.





I think 'where' is going to be a challenge. Everything around here is something like 150+$ for full board! But hopefully something perfect will peek it's head out and I'll take that.
Nothing is set in stone, and won't be for the next month or so.
Hopefully everything will work out.



But until any decisions are made, lunging and schooling will be my main focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment