Monday 30 June 2014

New beginnings

I'd like to introduce my new pony

* drum roll *

Maaaate!

Isn't he just beautiful?

So Mate's basically just a mutt of generations so you could never be 100% sure of his blood lines. So that sucks.


Thankfully, I've had the chance to know both his dam and sire! This infomation is basically priceless in my book - i sadly don't have photos of either parent.
Mate gets most of his physical traits from his dad but his temperament from his mother. But more on that in another post.

Bonus friend Nomad


Mate was broken in at a young age and put to work on trails.
At some point during his career as a trail riding horse, they put him into the position of a teacher. Bad idea? Probably.
Mate got very unpredictable. He'd have his good days but they were soon out ruled by the bad ones.
So back to the trails he went!
Mate being Mate, got very unpredictable and turned dangerous - even some of the guides refused to ride him!
He was put up for sale after he no loger was pulling his wieght for the business.
With in hours, i had my claws in him!
i think i screamed for a good 20 minutes

Throw back to 2010

It's an absolute dream come true to own this particular pony and I'm over the moon.
I've honestly never felt this strongly about a single horse. I truly adore his little heart
I'll continute to write cheesy posts about this boy so hope y'all enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! I hope you have a wonderful time with that lovely/crazy pony :D

    ReplyDelete