Tuesday 1 July 2014

What a Butt Head.

Mate is definitely a funny one.
Gosh I love him but some of his "quirks" sure makes me think twice about why.


Lucky he's cute

Down in the valley (where Mate lived all his days before I bought him) he developed a bad habit of bucking - and the ill fitting saddles didn't help one bit
Now, im going to be honest here, I don't ask a whole lot out of this pony but sometimes he can be a real butt head..

Simply by just asking him to go forward to fast or abruptly, he takes HUGE offence and becomes suspiciously "light " with his body. It's great fun...
Even just asking him to wait for another horse to catch up is key to tantrum town. Urgh.


Do i get extra points for colour coordination?


Another quirk of Mate's is sometimes he takes it upon himself to be an absolute jerk when we're doing some arena work and pretend to be super scared to things he's been past 7 million times before in an attempt to get out of my very small requests.
I tell him every time this only makes him work harder/longer but he likes to try anyway!


He' also really funny about bare-back riding. To my knowledge, no one has ever been successful in riding this horse bare-back. My theory is that it feels funny
But to be honest, I'm just hoping it's not because it hurts (wishful thinking?)
Not that this is really a big problem for me, as I don't have great balance anyway and wouldn't really go faster than a walk, but I still find it strange how he completely won't allow it.

Did I mention he was also really good at rearing?


Really, REALLY good

Thankfully this is my instructor on him - there's no way i could of stuck a rear like this (let alone live to tell the tale)

Rearing. Urgh. Hate it.
Says the girl who bought a horse known for his rearing abilities. Damn it, Jess.
It's super dangerous, I don't like it and he knows it! Butt head...



 he's SO cute!

He has his issues, that's for sure, but at least he's my butt head ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment